I am, therefore I Crowdfund !
These were our status about two years ago .
- Like you, we are fascinated with CrowdFunding and want to launch our CrowdFunding campaign and be a huge success
- Like you, we have many good ideas but we are not sure which one we want to launch first
- Like you, we have a very low budget
- Like you, we have read and researched many articles, books and blogs on how to CrowdFund but we are still not sure how, when, what and when . We are confused
- Like you, we do not want to launch our CrowdFunding campaign prematurely, fail and be part of the 75% that do not make it
- Like you, we are kind of intimidated by amount work and knowledge is needed to have a Crowd Funding campaign ad
- Like you we are "Sitting on the fence" undecided what to do next and how to start
What Do We Do?
Stage 1:We have learned from past the best way to learn anything is by doing it but we also know we want to educate and help the Crowd Funding Masses. There for we start researching, learning and documenting using Google business applications in order to make it cost effective, communicative, collaborative and global.
We build an expert Crowd source team ( www.CrowdFundingMentors.com ) and complete the CrowdFunding Fundamental (our 4000 hours of research ) in early 2013 and published it as a Google based CrowdFunding eLearning portal .
Our wire frame portal is called "CrowdFundingFrameWorks". We spent two years, invested close to $230,000 and made it available to the public (www.CrowdFundingFrameWorks.com) .
This was for concept evaluation by collecting Crowd Feedback * Crowd wisdom and intelligence ) and graduate it into its final Wiki form by the end of 2013 .
We will CrowdFund the final phase ( software and portal development) on January 2014.
We scratch our own itch
We knew from 20 years small business management and problem solving experience that a great way to have a successful Crowdfunding was to start out by solving our own problems.
We know when we are engaged with CrowdFunding business we will learn what's important and what's not. That gives us a great head start on developing delivering a breakout Crowd Funding portal and products. ( I.e. www.CrowdFundingPlanning.com , www.CrowdFundingFrameWorks.com , etc. )
The key here is understanding that we are not alone. If we are having this problem, it's likely hundreds of thousands of others are in the same boat. There's your market. Wasn't that easy?
As a problem solving, consulting and design firm, we needed a simple way to communicate with our team, Crowd experts and clients about CrowdFunding projects. We started out doing this via Google Intranet and Internet portals , Docs and blogs which we and our Crowd mentors and clients could easily update manually.
When you solve your own problem, you create a tool that you're passionate about. And passion is key. Passion means you'll truly use it and care about it. And that's the best way to get others to feel passionate about it too.
Jump Off the Cliff and Build our Wings on the Way Down
As our good friend Reid Hoffman, one of the founders of LinkedIn, says: Entrepreneurship is jumping off a cliff and assembling a plane on the way down.
We know from experience working with our clients, in Crowd Funding we have a luxury, we always can learn and relaunch but on many occasions we saw , our clients run out of resources, thus we decided to reduce CrowdFunding development cost and but time
Stage 2:We decided to build a concept validation engine (portal). Originally we called it Crowd Funding Project Preview (like the movies). We deeply studied the movie industry and we learned they have been doing CrowdFunding since the start ( Attackting and Crowd Funding thousands and million of people to the movies )
We learned they do many tests before the full launch (General release), such as;
This portal is our attempt to wireframe Crowd Funding Project Preview (Preview screenings) and bundle it up with our social media know how and help us and the Crowd Funding community;
- Test screening
- Focus group screening
- Critic screenings
- Private screenings
- Preview screenings
- Sneak preview
- Crowd Funding Project Preview (Preview screenings) or www.CrowdFundingSoftLaunch.com
- Crowd Funding Campaign REVIEW (Sneak preview) or www.CrowdFundingHradLaunch.com